Are you looking for an exciting place to spend the weekend or holiday with your loved ones, or need to come to Poland on business, and then why not consider booking flights to Gdansk? Below is a list of our 10 reasons why you should visit Gdansk.
1. Gdansk is a maritime city with a strong tradition and lots to see and do, no matter what time of the year you choose to come here.
2. Gdansk has been ruled by Germany and Poland over, with over 1000 years of history. With so much culture, it’s no wonder that the city celebrates its past as much as it’s present and future. If would like to learn more about the Gdansk history, then coming to Gdansk will be a great experience.
3. Gdansk might sound familiar to you, because of Lech Walesa (the leader of the Solidarity trade union formed in 1980). He was the RPime Minister of Poland from 1990 to 1995, after winning a Nobel Peace Prize in 1983. So, this is the place to be, if you want to see where it all happened.
4. Gdansk is a large city, with a population of 459,919 (2015), and has a very successful university. As an academic city, Gdansk could offer you the research or workforce your company needs to be successful in Poland. Why not see how else Gdansk is suitable for your business?
5. A popular seaside resort with beaches in Gdansk is “Sopot,” which means that you’ll get the best of both worlds when you visit Sopot. So booking flights to Gdansk is a good idea if you can’t decide between a week on the beach or a city break.
6. There’s always plenty to see and do Gdynia in the other part of the tri-city is a fully working port. Whether it’s watching the boats come and go, or watching them being loaded or unloaded, you’ll be able to spend a long time watching the many workers around here getting on with their jobs.
7. There is a vibrant and developing economy in Old Town area of Gdansk. The city is very much looking to the future as well as looking back to the past too. The city offers everything you can think of. Moving away from traditional commerce, the city is proving to be a key player in the petrochemical, electronics and telecommunications industries.
8. Another reason people why you should visit Gdansk are the architecture, and thanks to the history of the city, there are some imposing buildings here.
9. As is befitting a city of the stature of Gdansk, there is plenty of accommodation and excellent Restaurant Gdynia available. No matter what your reason for visiting the city, or your budget, you’ll be able to find somewhere to stay and eat tasty meals. For example, the courtyard hotel in Gdynia.
10. Because of the emerging technologies and changing economy, Gdansk could be the ideal place for the East European arm of your company. Why not see how your company and the city of Gdansk could do business together?
Now you know more about what goes on here and why you need to visit, perhaps now is the time to book your flights to Gdansk and see it for yourself.